Tuesday, February 1, 2011

know and then knew

"It's sad when people you know become people you knew.
When you can walk right past someone like they were never a big part of your life.
How you used to be able to talk for hours and how now,
You can barely even look at them."

I think we all picture one, two, three, maybe four or more people that this applies to just in the time it takes to read the words.  I realized how many people in my life this applies to the other day when I was looking through all of my old facebook pictures [which I like to do when I'm bored...even though there are like a thousand of them].


But at the same time, even though it's sad, imagine where you would be if they were still a big part of your life.  Would you be the same person you are today? Would you be better? Worse? Would you have met the people that make you happiest in the present?  Change is good.  But there are those people who slip away and you wonder what your life would be like if they hadn't.

1 comment:

Shay said...

This is so sad and SO TRUE! We have tons of friends who we said we would never lose touch with but lo and behold- we never talk! So weird how that happens!

Cute blog:-)