Wednesday, August 24, 2011

tuesdays with morrie

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours floating in the pool, on Olivia's cute little floaty thing, starting and finishing Tuesday's With Morrie by Mitch Albom.  Not going to lie...I definitely cried for the last ten pages or so.  So much so that the words were blurry.  And so much so that my throat kind of closed up and ached for the next half hour.

But besides all of that, I learned some very valuable lessons.  I can basically narrow it down into three parts.  Live a life you'll be proud of.  Listen, really listen when someone's talking to you.  And don't wait until someone is gone to tell them what you feel.

It's a super quick read, and it will definitely open your eyes.  I'm going to start living a life that Morrie would be proud of me for.

1 comment:

Oliviaaa said...

sounds like a positive read. i'll add it to my list!