Friday, November 26, 2010

rushed cooking & kitties

First off, Happy Thanksgiving (a day late)!!

After I had to work on Wednesday, Kelcy and I met up with Mom and Dad at Flavors of India, our favorite Indian restaurant!  It was awesome to go there and have a fabulous meal, because in Tempe there aren't the greatest Indian restaurants.  It was a treat to treat my tastebuds to something incredible.  After dinner, we went back to the house we grew up in to hang out with Mom and Dad.  Mom, Kelc, and I had ice cream on the couch while watching taped SNL shows and "What a Girl Wants".  Shadow came up and sat with me and Mom and Kelcy thought it was really gross that I let Shadow eat some of my ice cream, and then I continued to eat it.  According to my mom, "Shadow licks butts".

Shadow sharing my ice cream <3
i <3 him
The next morning, we took Daddy to the airport (him and my brother will be in South America for the next three weeks!)  We took some cute "goodbye" pictures for his traveling blog.  Now it was time to get cooking.  We made mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and "mummies" (a vegetarian meat shaped like coffins with gravy since we're veggies).  We were dancing and laughing and having an awesome time in the kitchen.  But we were a bit distracted...we threw away the remaining milk after we used it for the green bean casserole, and so we had no milk to put in the potatoes, just lots & lots of butter.  Oh, and we forgot to put the casserole in the oven until the time we were supposed to leave to my aunts. And then we forgot to cook the "mummies" until Kelcy said, "are we cooking these at Aunt Patty's?"  So needless to say, we were late for our Thanksgiving lunch/dinner (linner), which was really fun.

We got back to the house around 5 and Nick (Kelcy's boyf) came over to spend sometime with Momma.  We made Mom's famous spinach dip, played Taboo, watched "The Breakup" (and I didn't realize her name's Brooke in the movie!), and I forced everyone to watch "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" with me.  It's silly shows like this that you miss when you, as a poor college student, don't want to pay for cable tv, or tv at all for that matter haha.


I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving too!!  Unfortunately, this weekend won't prove as fun. It's work, work, work, and I guess that's what you get when you don't live far away and go away for breaks.


2 comments:

kelcy ☼ said...

those pictures of shadow are absolutely adorable :)

Natalie said...

your kittie is very cute. :) and i love your blog!! are you on bloglovin??

ill definitely follow!!!

-natalie
www.pursuitofcute.com