Wednesday, December 1, 2010

shopping surprises

I wonder what these smell like?

So I'm reading Eat, Pray, Love right now, and I just came across this quote that I really liked:

"I can decide how I spend my time, whom I interact with, whom I share my body and life and money and energy with. I can select what I eat and read and study.  I can choose how I"m going to regard unfortunate circumstances in my life--whether I will see them as curses or opportunities...I can choose my words and the tone of voice in which I speak to others.  And most of all, I can choose my thoughts."

Also...Kelcy and I went shopping today.  She came out with these super cute True Religions and then another pair of jeans.  I couldn't find anything...but I did find these two books for $5!  And it's kind of weird because I just wrote down The Time Traveler's Wife on my "To Read" list this morning, and then I find it in a little second hand shop today!  
Look how ridiculously excited I am...

May I also say that I am very excited to read both of these books because I love both of the movies...and we all know that books are even better than movies.  A Walk to Remember is one of my all time favorites.  I remember the first time I watched it, I woke up the next morning and just felt different.  In a good way.  As far as The Time Traveler's Wife goes, I balled my eyes out.  And not just during the movie.  And not for a few minutes after the credits rolled.  I cried for the next couple of hours.  Even halfway through the funny movie we watched to take my mind off of it.  I have no idea why it affected me so much, so stay tuned to see how the book takes a toll on my emotions.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes...they are both so good! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

okay i haven't seen the time traveler's wife because i heard it was sad, and i dont think i could handle it. it sounds like you had an amazing day! and dude, a pair of true religions?? that is awesome.

Abbey said...

I love both of those movies, AND both of those books! Enjoy them! :)

-Sam I Am- said...

Don't you just love when you come across words that touch your heart?! I sure do :) Must be why I'm a sucker for good quotes. Love this post! Let us know how the NS books are!