Sunday, December 12, 2010

peace

Has anyone else tried Peace Tea and fallen in love with it??
I tried it for the first time last semester when I was wandering the campus market looking for food.  I love that it's only 99 cents, and even if it's not healthy, I feel healthy drinking it.

Keep reading if you want to hear a semi-related story:

I was walking either to or away from a sporting event, concert, or something that calls for vendors selling drinks on the streets.  I wanted desperately to drink either Arizona Iced Tea (that also has a 99 cent marking on it) or Peace Tea.  The conversation:

me: Kel, how much do you think that tea is?
Kel: I dunno...probably like two or three dollars.
me: But it says on the can that it's 99 cents.
Kel: Well go ask the guy and find out.
me: Sir, how much is the tea? 99 cents right? Because that's what it says on the can?
Man: $2.00

It just made me think.  If I were a vendor, I would avoid selling items that offered a certain price on the package, when in reality you decide you want to sell it for more.

2 comments:

Olivia Judkowitz said...

haha brooke! that was when we went to citywalk at universal studios!! :)

lindsay said...

that's kind of funny...doesn't make much sense to me either?!? and no i have never had peace tea...i really should try it soon though...i'm a sucker for tea.

this is the reason i am up at nearly midnight on a sunday evening...dang tea...keeps me up late :)