Monday, December 12, 2011

i wouldn't call us boring.....but

There's a reason I haven't blogged in a few weeks.  And it's not because I've been busy having fun.  In fact, it's quite the opposite.  I have been "Boring Brooke" for the past couple of weeks.  Group presentations and studying for final exams have taken the place of shopping and going out on the town.  

Sheri and I have realized how little days we have left to have gelato.  Therefore, we spend our weekends studying so that we can treat ourselves to a "cono medio con stracciatella e java" at Cioccolati Italiani or a paper bag lunch at Luini's Panzerotti.  If we're feeling a little crazy on a Saturday night, we go for aperitivo either together or with friends.  Long gone are the days, however, where we stay out dancing until 6am.

I've also been experiencing the Italian culture a bit better!  I met a nice boy a week or so ago, and I've been able to practice my Italian with him and his friends over dinners, karaoke, and exchanging our favorite music videos on YouTube.
aperitivo with friends
our favorite "bar" (the Italian word for cafe)
a little present from my friend! filled with baci chocolates!
we partied together. we basically live together. and now we study together.


No comments: